Lessons Learned from My Sickness Part 38: Ills and Pills
By Pastor Ronny Luces
It has been said that life is composed of the following stages:
1. Infancy – spills (an infant can’t control his/her reflexes, so he/she is susceptible to falls, slides, and spills)
2. Childhood – drills (there are many “to-dos” and “don’ts” at home, in school, anywhere, for a child to observe)
3. Youth – thrills (youths and teens have an overdriven sense of adventure and thrill-seeking attitude)
4. Adulthood – bills (payments abound for mortgages, loans, electricity, water, subscriptions, etc.)
5. Late adulthood – ills (at this stage, sicknesses of different natures became abundant – high bp, high cholesterol, high sugar, etc.)
6. Early Seniors – pills (there’s a pill, tablet, or capsule for every hour, every day, 24/7)
7. Late Seniors – wills (last will and testament to allocate what to whom, so that heirs will not fight over properties and other inheritance)
I now belong to the number 5 & 6 stages. With my illness, I need to consume many pills every day.
These are my pills:
- 1 main oral targeted therapy tablet taken once a day,
- 2 pills to stabilize my BP,
- 2 for vitamins,
- 1 for my lungs and
- 2 kinds of cough syrup,
All of these were to be taken daily.
I’m thankful to God for providing my needs and for strengthening my body so that I will be able to take all these medications.
When my doctor saw my latest SGPT laboratory exams report, he was happy to inform me that my result was normal.
I am happy that even though ills and pills are now part of my existence, yet I’m grateful to God for His continued providence and care every day of my life.
Posted on FB: Tuesday, 31 March 2015 at 3:13 PM